Cuddle weather? Fuck that. It’s hickey season. You can hide anything behind a large scarf.
if you had to drop out of a class you are not a failure
if you had to take time off school you are not a failure
if you had to leave school for good you are not a failure
your worth is not determined by academia and this goes doubly so for disabled people and others for whom school is set against them
1)learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dress by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
2) get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) do not sneer at people’s happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) you are more than the amount of people that want to have sex with you.
6) that pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) it will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything. (Except that it will make you smile).
10) please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to yourself. That alone is enough.